Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Very Different Voice

Hey, sweet boy. I thought I would chime in here before your dad got too out of control with random hip hop and sports references, to assure you that there is a sane voice in the family. Yes, I am the one carrying you around in a tiny swimming pool in the middle of my body. It is a fascinating thing, growing a human. I know that lots of women have had a rough time of it, this whole pregnancy thing. It was a tricky road to get here, but for me, this part is pretty great. Every morning, I get to wake up and realize all over again, that my body is no longer my own. You are very obviously taking up some serious real estate, and I love it.

There will come a time, when you are out in the world, making messes and saying inappropriate things (you'll get that from daddy) and you will see me looking at you with a far away look in my eye. I'll be remembering this time, when you are just a tiny nugget, barely big enough to kick me hard enough to feel you (thanks, placenta, for being in the way of that magical fluttering), and I will be in awe that you have grown to be a walking, talking being. This will last well into your adulthood, I'm sure, because I am so fascinated by it. You are amazing already. While I am so excited to meet you in December, I am also a little bit happy to have you all to myself for a while.

~mama

No comments:

Post a Comment