Saturday, February 25, 2017

Growing

It's been almost 3 months since you were born! It's not a wonder that I haven't written much here, as I've been busy staring at your sweet face and snuggling you. Also cleaning poopy diapers, feeding you pretty much constantly (you're a hungry little man!), and trying to get us out of the house occasionally. More than occasionally actually.  You come to yoga with me almost every morning. You sleep most of the time, but when you are awake, you love to watch the people. Everyone there is so sweet with you. They tolerate your interruptions, both cooing and fussing, equally.

You are growing very quickly. I'm determined to not miss any of your beautiful moments. Nothing in my life has ever been better than watching you discover the world around you. You wake up slowly, bleary eyed and hanging in that space between slumber and wakefulness for longer than I'd expect from a baby. The very moment you edge over into consciousness, you are all smiles. You awaken expecting nothing but good things to happen now that you're aware and ready to experience life. I hope so very much that stays with you. Optimism is lovely and too rare a trait.

You're a pretty good sleeper, unless of course, you are going through a growth spurt. This is happening now. You are currently ravenously hungry all the time and unable to sleep more than a couple hours because there must be more eating! The only thing equal to eating for you is snuggling. You are always a pretty snuggly boy, but during this growth spurt it is the only way you will sleep without nearly constant fussing. It is not a huge sacrifice to sleep with you cuddled against me. I know that these days will be behind us all too quickly, and I will miss these special moments when you are tiny and need me so much.

On that note, I will end this because you have woken up from your nap and are very unhappy about being alone.

Love,
mama

No comments:

Post a Comment